Many are asking what are requirements needed for National ID. If you want to apply for the National ID or Phil ID, you need to prepare the following documentary requirements.
Philippine National ID Requirements
1. Application Form
The applicant shall submit a duly accomplished application form to any designated registration center. As of this writing, the PSA has not yet publicly released the sample application form.
Download the Application Form: bit.ly/National-ID-Form
2. Primary Documents
The application form shall be supported by the presentation of an original copy of ANY of the following primary documents:
- PSA-issued birth certificate and one (1) government-issued identification document with full name, photo and signature or thumb mark; or
- Philippine ePassport issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs; or
- Unified Multi-purpose Identification (UMID) Card issued by Government Service Insurance System or Social Security System; or
- Other equivalent identification documents as may be determined in the guidelines issued by the PSA.
For resident aliens, his or her Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) or ACR ID shall be presented.
In case a married woman presents an identification document which reflects her maiden name, she shall be required to present her PSA-issued marriage certificate should she opt to adopt the surname of her husband.
3. Secondary Documents (Optional)
In the event that the applicant is unable to provide the documents under immediately preceding item, any of the following documents shall be presented.
- PSA-issued birth certificate; or
- Any government-issued identification document reflecting at least the full name, front-facing photograph, and signature or thumb mark; or
- Identification documents issued by the private sector which comply with the requirements set by the PSA.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, appropriate guidelines and mechanisms shall be issued to ensure that the registration is not prohibitive and restrictive as to unduly defeat the purpose of the Act.
An applicant who does not possess any of the documents in above items 2 and 3 shall be endorsed by a qualified introducer in accordance with the guidelines set by the PSA, taking into consideration the specific circumstances. As a minimum requirement, a qualified Introducer shall be of legal age and a PSN holder. The PSA shall maintain a record of all qualified Introducers, each of whom shall be linked to all the registered persons that they have endorsed. Persons who have been registered through a qualified Introducer shall be tagged as such in the PhilSys.